Waiting around

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Since this is a blog of sorts, perhaps I should add more than once every couple weeks. I just got back from Richmond and then the tidewater region of Virginia... This weeked I went to Sarah Bender and Ryan Hall's wedding. Very cool and I got to see lots of people. That night, Sam Keyes (yes, he is in town) used his cooking skills learned in Hungary to make Hungarian Goulash. It was a riot to see him in a grocery store in the states as he hadn't seen that much fresh fruit and vegetables in a long time. Sunday I helped out Angeline and Joe move to their new house. My legs still hurt.

Spent the 4th in Virginia Beach with neighbors from Baltimore and their 4 kids. They are real cool kids (I am NOT a pediphile)! When I get to Panera this week to get hi-speed internet, I will try to upload the pictures.

The reason I was in Virginia Beach is because I met with the Dean of Admissions of EVMS today to see about my chances on the waitlist for this year and if there was any hope. He basically said "keep your fingers crossed" as you are pretty high on the waitlist; if you don't get in, apply for a job in healthcare. In terms of what was said in the meeting was pretty pointless, but I got what I wanted and that was just to put a face to a name, and show that I really am interested in them. I am really hoping that is what pushes me over the top and gets me into med school within the next month. It lasted no more than 15 minutes, and Dean McCombs was wearing his typical white polo shirt and plaid pants. Classic. (He's an older gentleman and the Dean of Admissions at a Medical School... he can essentially do whatever he wants.)

I then spent about 8 million hours in the car today driving back to Baltimore. (By 8 million, I mean about 6... though I did stop for lunch in D.C., where I found out that a water main busted by my old apartment, and there is no water there. So I am glad that I moved out last week and not this week.)

Whenever I do get to Panera this week, I will hit up the hispeed, and attempt to finish filling out the beast that is AMCAS and upload pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home