Waiting around

Thursday, July 21, 2005

And then there were 3. Well, in actuality, it is probably 2. I got back from California/Vegas yesterday morning (took the red-eye) and recieved a letter from Fern at NYMC saying they have had less than expected movement on their waitlist, and that no position would become available for me. Sweet.

I have also essentially given up hope on Maryland as well, as I have talked to someone who was in the 1/3 above me that has not received a phone call to come off the waitlist. So that leaves EVMS and Temple. I don't think there is anything else I can do for EVMS, and I could probably afford to send an email (or 10) to Temple.

On another note, I did make it out to California without throwing Darci or Erin out of the car. We drove straight from DC to Flagstaff Arizona with a stop for dinner in Louisville Kentucky. We left at 11AM EDT, and arrived in Flagstaff at 9PM (not sure what time zone that is, because they don't do daylight savings time... so they were on Pacific Time, but in the Mountain Time Zone, I digress). We saw the Grand Canyon the next morning, and made it to Darci's house in Bakersfield, after stopping at an In-n-Out in Barstow (coincidentally, our first stop in California after getting gas for $3.06 - and yes, that is the cheap stuff). After 2 nights in Bakersfield, where through emails we learned Dr. Sherman has a partner, we headed off to L.A. and spent 2 nights at Mark's house and then a night at Alex's house. We did all the touristy things - Malibu, Santa Monica Promenade (3rd St.), saw the walk of stars, the Kodak Theater, Beverly Hills, drove down Sunset Blvd, eventually made it down to Orange County and Saw Huntington Beach, Newport and of course, Laguna Beach. (The new season starts Monday at 10PM; MTV is running marathons pretty much all this weekend to get you caught up).

We then headed off to Vegas. (What happened in Vegas, stayed in Vegas, sorry.)





Just kidding. We stayed at New York New York, saw a show - Zumaniti - highly recomended if you are ever in Vegas, we walked the strip, saw the Venitian, Paris, Bellagio (outside) MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay among others. Everything was so nice, but it was freaking hot. They have been setting records over there - it was 116 on Monday; at least it was a dry heat, I guess. But its still hot.

I flew home Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, and am now back in Baltimore, commencing the job search, and pondering what I want to do with my life. Right now, it is be a bum. But that will be old by, let's see... tomorrow.

Expect more updates as my boredom level increases.

-waiter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home