Waiting around

Thursday, February 22, 2007

It's only been a month and a half...

Oh no way. I'm actually posting to my blog.

I just did a quick look to see when my last post was and it was January 10th. Today is February 22nd. So I guess I sort of let things go. Not 100% sure why. Originally, it might have been because I was pretty upset over the loss of the Ravens. I am sure that turned into some sort of lazy habit for me where I just decided against posting to the blog.

I also had a set of exams a couple weeks ago and I sort of flipped out over the whole exam thing. I'm not 100% sure why, but I think it was a combination of me not studying for the first couple weeks after break, and me not studying for the first couple weeks after break. That being said, I have attempted to take a little more time to study for this block. But then we had snow days last week, and we really haven't had that much lecture, so there isn't too much study. So I'm back in the "Ehh, I don't need to study yet phase."

As it turns out, this might be a good time for less class as a couple things have happened. 1st relates to my summer. Long story short, some things have worked out while others have not and I have had a pretty busy week trying to put everything together for this summer. Secondly, I've been having car troubles. A couple or 3 weeks ago, my car started puffing out smoke whenever I started it up. Of course, my first thing would be to go get an oil change. It had been a good number of miles (probably 7-8,000... the factory recomended is 7,500, so I am not negligent). And that didn't help my problem. I then got a tune up and that didn't fix it. Then this weekend I remembered a thing I got in the mail about my car relating to an oil gel problem. I read the form and it said if you car is blowing smoke and using excessive amounts of oil then you could have this problem. The thing is, there is a class action suit for this problem and if my car has it, then Toyota needs to replace my engine (even at 100,000 miles).

So I dropped off my car yesterday and ever since, they have been giving me a runaround. I have only been contacted when I call them. They started accusing me of not taking good care of my car and blah blah blah, I am pretty frustrated at Toyota right now. I'm headed in tomorrow to talk to them to try and straighten things out.

After a phone call from a friend tonight though, things seem on a better track. It is pretty nice to know that tomorrow (well, now today) is Thursday and the weekend is upon us. I had an awesome weekend in Richmond last weekend, and now I'm looking forward to having a weekend to relax some... and get a little studying in.

still waiting,
-wait

1 Comments:

  • I hope it's not a head gasket problem. I would have thought Toyota would have solved that problem long ago. A little history: the 3.0 L engine that was in some 1st and all 2nd generation 4Runners was prone to bad head gaskets. It was just a bad design of the motor. They had a recall where they replaced the head gaskets, and after that the problem was supposed to be fixed. But many dealerships used a sub-par replacement head gasket and owners would have a head gasket problem years later (or whenever it would finally happen). My mom had to replace the engine in a '95 4Runner at 106K because it blew a head gasket (when I was driving!) and water got into the engine. Toyota wouldn't pay for any of it because the car had already been "fixed" per the VIN. My mom bought it used so who knows who fixed it during the recall or how the owner treated the car.

    But we've had great luck with the 3.4 L engines in the 3rd generation 4Runners (96-02). My old car my brother inherited has 206K on it and is still running fine. But I don't know anything at all about Avalons. Hope you get some answers!

    By Blogger MustangSally, at 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home