Waiting around

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Untitled (too many random thoughts)

Oh, right. My blog.

Well it has been approximately 3 weeks since I updated my blog, and I actually do have a pretty good excuse. It is that for the past 2 weeks, I haven't had the internet long enough to post a new entry. I moved to Richmond about 2 weeks ago, and my internet time has been solely devoted to checking my email and working on secondary applications, of which I have now officially completed, with 2 minor exceptions:

1. Boston University -- I received that yesterday (Friday) afternoon, I completed it today, and need to just throw it in the mail on Monday.

2. Tulane University -- Being the "smart" person I am, I sent my secondary application off to Tulane at the first chance I could following the re-processesing of my AMCAS (which occured on Friday, August 26th). It dawned on me about Monday that Hurricane Katrina might have an impact on this application, and on this past Thursday (September 8) I asked the USPS what they thought the status of my application. The nice lady said that it is probably swimming in the Gulf of Mexico right now. So, that application remains in limbo. Obviously I will resend, I just need to figure out if/when/where etc.

Of course, my lowly application to Tulane University is the least of concerns, considering the devastation seen in New Orleans. It is freaking unbelievable some of the pictures I have seen, and I can only hope and pray that something good will come out of this situation, though it is hard to see that now.

So I decided to go ahead and apply to go to the Gulf Coast region to volunteer. If accepted, I would be "deployed" for 2-4 weeks and I have no idea what I would be doing. I just thought I'd throw that out there.

I also realized today that tomorrow is 9/11 (/05). It is REALLY hard to believe that 4 years have passed since that all too memorable day. It's amazing how long ago that seems, yet it still feels like yesterday that I was sitting up on the second floor of Thomas watching TV awaiting word.

Which makes me think that tomorrow before the beginning of the U.S. Open Men's final they are going to do some elaborate ceremony in memory of the fallen.

That serves a nice segway into the idea that I have watched a lot of tennis lately. We got DirecTV set up on Tuesday, and I have watched Tennis everyday since then. I am not sure what I going to do on Monday without it. The Agassi-Blake match was phenomenal... Ian and I stayed up til 1:15 to watch it (Mike wussed out and went to sleep).

So I head back to Richmond tomorrow... hopefully I will be back in time to catch the Ravens/Colts on ESPN. I am also going to start looking for jobs this week. I believe that I will be setting up an interview to volunteer at the Crossover Clinic in downtown Richmond on Monday, so hopefully I won't waste the entire day away. And then I will probably be entering some restaurant asking if they are hiring so that I can make a little bit of money throughout the year.

Hopefully the internet will be up and running at our house tomorrow as well. That is assuming that the telephone guy came on friday afternoon, and the DSL modem arrived Friday as well. I think that is hoping for too much. So hopefully Monday. (at least that's what I am banking on).

I will be back in Baltimore next weekend for the wedding of Laura Peace. This should be one heck of a wedding. It's pretty wierd cause I definetely grew up with her and her 3 brothers (we were friends from the waaaaaaaaay beginning... like still in diapers together... I mean we're not in diapers now, but we've been friends since we were in diapers... you get the idea). So she's getting hitched to a guy that is like 6'4, and she is something like 6'1, so they are gonna have some ridiculously sized kids. Hard to even imagine.

Well that's all I feel like saying now. It's a bunch of randomness thrown together. Til next time.

-waiter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home