Waiting around

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Up and Running

The title just reminded me of a slogan that I saw on a truck as I was driving along interstate 95 one time this summer (it's been a few times now). The slogan said "We need to get up, before we get off." The immature side of me laughed nearly uncontrollably and I almost hit the jersey barrier. Then rational side of me kicked in, and I tried to put together what their slogan truly meant. I just tried a google search of that slogan, partially in fear of what may show up, but alas, no topics came up. And I really cannot think of what the slogan could truly stand for. I don't even remember the company to which the truck belonged.

Aside from that aside, we finally have the internet up and running here at 4702 Radford, of course not without its headaches. After having spent 45 minutes on hold with the phone company yesterday, and then performing the work that the technician should do, I got our telephone service hooked up, which was shortly followed by DSL. I then attempted to hook up the wireless router (a Linksys router which are generally very good) and spent 3 hours fiddling with that, while talking to Dave V. online so he could maybe guide me through it. After 3 hours I gave up.

Today though, I switched from my linksys router to a netgear router and everything works, sort of. I tried to set up a password for it, but when I do that, it makes the internet connection really choppy, and sends my computer through a pretty serious cycle of restarting over and over and over... So it's just an open network. If any of you techies have any ideas for me on that, I'd appreciate it. The error I get says its a Graphic Device Driver problem, which doesn't make too much sense to me because I feel a graphic driver wouldn't have much to do with the internet.

But who am I to discuss computer matters? I am trying to get into medical school. Which serves as a nice segway (I think I had a nice segway last post too, I'm getting good at this.) as I have finally pushed off all secondary applications. To my knowledge, 10 schools are absolutley complete, 6 should be complete, and 1 was mailed today. That of course leaves Tulane, which I have heard no news on.

I am gonna truly start the job search when I get back from Baltimore this weekend, ie: I will start waiting tables soon. As much fun as it has been sitting around watching TV, waiting for the telephone guy to come, I am just starting to get bored, and I feel like a complete waste of space. People say I need to enjoy that time, and I do, but I also feel the need to be doing something. Call me masochistic or something. Oh yeah, and I need to start making money.

I have another cool story about how some lady tried to rope Ian and I into a pyramid scam. But I don't feel like talking about that now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home