Waiting around

Friday, October 07, 2005

Where the F do I work???

For starters, originally I was not going to post what happened the other night because I thought what happened was really strange and out of the ordinary, but after last night, I found out that it was not out of the ordinary.

My last post concerned the girl Jennifer who I was under the impression liked me. If you haven't read that, do that NOW. Well when I returned to Topeka's on Tuesday, the "drama" only got thicker, and I was put right in the middle of EVERYTHING. So I took the menu test on Tuesday, and I passed, so I began my shadowing experience on Tuesday night. I ended up shadowing a guy named David. While I was taking the test, he said that after work we should grab a beer together. That sounded innocent enough, so I acquiesced. It ended up being that David was cut about an hour before me, so he ended up giving me his cell phone number and for me to call him if I wanted to grab that beer. He said he was going to be at the Applebee's down the road. In the couple minutes that followed, I found out that David was gay. But, I still didn't think too much of it. I mean, just grabbing a beer with a coworker. So I end up shadowing another server for about an hour, and then I was cut, and I had a dilemna on my hands, so I ended up calling Ian to see what I should do. He said he probably wouldn't do it... but I was kinda thinking that it was just Applebee's, it's not like its a big gay scene. So I call David and show up to Applebee's.

While at Applebee's, I found out that he doesn't drive because of a DUI. So I offered to drive him home, so he doesn't have to walk it. I also found out that he is going to New Orleans in a couple weeks to do Pastoral Care, and that he is going to seminary next year. That put me a little bit at rest thinking that this guy wouldn't actually try and do anything if he is going to be a pastor (however, I should have thought about the Catholic priests). We end up going to another bar, and it was during this bar experience that I became... well scared. He started talking about his exboyfriends (numerous), how he got married in 1980 as a cover up to his being gay... yes, that puts him at about 50 years old. Then he starts talking about how he isn't sure if seminary is right for him... yadda yadda... and then suddenly stops and says that he has never told anyone this before, and that he is probably telling me because he thinks I am cute and sexy and that he has a crush on me. The long and short of it... the conversation was pretty one sided with me giving "uh-huh"'s and informing him that I am, in fact, straight ("oh, well that's cool" was his response). There was a lot more said, but I kind of want to leave that out, because it makes me feel pretty uncomfortable.

So I end up saying I was leaving after feeling appropiately uncomfortable after being hit on for about 30 minutes by a guy who is old enough to be my dad. I guess I now know what its like to be a girl hit on by the older sketchy guy. Since I told him I would drive him home, he leaves as well, and I drive him to his house. And he lives with his mom. I pull about 1/2 way into his driveway, leave the car running, in drive, with my seatbelt on, and stick out my hand to shake his to attempt to cut off any advances and told him that I would see him on Thursday. He proceeds to make another pass at me, asking me to pull the car forward and turn it off. I again state that I am not that way and that he should get out of my car. He finally did, after a one sided hug... where I needed to push him off me.

So. I wish the story ended there. Buuuuuuuuuuut it doesn't.

Thursday comes and I show up to work and run into Jennifer. I happen to be shadowing her that night and the thought that runs through my head is "good, at least its the girl who likes me, and not the guy". Jennifer and I run into another server and they start talking/joking about the pediphile... and I was dumbfounded as I questioned whether or not it was David. It was. I pressed Jennifer a little more and she eventually asks me if he has tried to hit on me yet. I proceeded to tell her the entire story of what happened Tuesday night. She laughed really hard, and then told me a story about her and him when she was 19. They went to a bar, and David told Jennifer that he was a really good kisser, and ended up taking his hand, putting it behind her head and kissing her, tongue and all. So Jennifer wasn't sure what story was funnier, but since mine was new, she said it will make her laugh for a long time coming.

Jennifer and I continue talking about David, and then eventually how another one of the managers is also gay, but that he's a lot easier to joke around with. Eventually Jennifer tells me that the manager asked her "Do you think Wait's a homo?" Jennifer said no way, but he didn't believe her... soooooooo he asked her to find out. Hence... THE NOTE. It turns out that Jennifer doesn't actually like me, and that would mainly be because she is also gay! And dating someone there named Katie!

So, if you are like Ian, you may be wondering "Is anyone who works there straight??" And there is an emphatic yes to that one. One of the other waitresses, who is 18... 18! has talked to Jennifer about wanting to spice up her sex life. She has already done Cops and Robbers, has chains and handcuffs and what not, but needs more ways to spice it up.

I digress. I am going to see how things go over the next couple weeks (I am finally on the floor tomorrow night, so I actually start making money which I need at this point). But if things get any weirder, I might keep my eyes peeled for other jobs in the food service business.

Oh, and no news on medical school.

-wait

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home