Waiting around

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

G-dubya

It's amazing how some feelings can be so transient. Better yet, it's amazing how a crappy mood can go to a happy mood after reading 1 email.

Yesterday afternoon I emailed the Dean of Admissions at George Washington, to update her on what I have been doing in Richmond (We have been in contact since the middle of August). When I got home from Crossover Clinic this afternoon, in my inbox was a letter from the dean, commending me for my volunteer work. She said that she also reviewed my file this morning, and has passed me to the interview stage, with a formal invitation to come shortly. So I am really excited about this right now. Like... really excited. :-D

In other news, I guess the feeling of resentment for EVMS is still there. It is hard to let go of the school that I thought so much of. I reread the letter over and over, and I have realized it was the harshest rejection that I have gotten. There were a mere 50 words in the letter, and 20 of them was the phrase "the entering class of 2006 at the Eastern Virginia Medical School" repeated twice. (ie: nearly 1/2 the letter was a repeat... ok well kind of)

However, I am really happy that I now have my first interview, and it is in DC, especially at GW. (I guess I wouldn't mind Georgetown, but GW is a lot better).

Well, I need to head off to Topeka's now. I wonder if Jennifer is going to be there, and if so, if she asks whether or not I can take her home tonight. Too bad I can't. (please note the sarcasm.)

still waiting...
-wait

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home