Waiting around

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Olympics and other

I am sorry for the length between the most recent post and this one. I really have no excuse. And I won't make one. Our internet is back, but thanks to the people next door we never really lost it (albeit we were stealing their wireless internet... and I do that in Baltimore, so I don't feel any remorse).

There has been no update on the med school process. I have received no correspondance from medical schools since last Thursday's waitlist letter from WVU. I mailed a letter to the dean of admissions at WVU this weekend just as a courtesy thank you for not rejecting me (even though you didn't accept me) and that went out Monday, which means she probably got it today -- if mail from Richmond to Morgantown is as slow as from Morgantown to Richmond.

I am actually doing surprisingly really well with this waitlist -- that is to say I do not feel the need to stay in bed from the time I get home from work until I have to leave for work the next morning like when I was waitlisted at GW. That tells me one of 2 things. One is that the GW waitlist got me over the shock effect of yet another waitlist. Since I thought I had a really good shot of getting into GW I was devasted to get the waitlist which I tend to think numbed me to the next waitlist from WVU. I think the 2nd reason might have to be the fact that I prefer GW to WVU and while I was disappointed with the WVU waitlist, I have this hope that I might still get into GW.

I have become an Olympic junky. I cannot get enough of the Olympics. Whether it is cross country skiing, downhill, combined, ice hockey or 1 of my 2 favorite sports curling and boardercross the olympics are pretty much always on. I have one huge rant, however and that is the fact that ESPN.com has been ruining the Olympics. I have gone to said webpage and they have headlines on who has been winning. For instance on Sunday, the headline in the right box was "Flying Tomato is Golden" (meaning Shaun White won gold in the halfpipe) and the main headline was "Last out of gate wins downhill" (referring to the French guy who won the downhill). On macs if you press F12 you get all sorts of options, and today Ian pressed that to look for something and one of the pages he has is espn.com headlines telling who won the boardercross. I currently have an espn.com boycott from 7:30AM until 11:30PM when I have watched the Olympics.

Boardercross is an amazing sport. If you didn't get the chance to watch it today, check out the women (They go tomorrow). I bring this up because the final is on right now. So I am going to stop typing for a minute or 2 to watch, then I will post the results. I am hoping Seth Westcott wins (he's the American).

Ok, that was an AMAZING race. Seth did win gold on a pretty sweet move in one of the later turns to overtake Zidek . The finish was real close too. Great Olympic premiere.

Well that's about all I feel like saying now.

I also don't feel like reading this over, so there may be mistakes (probably are)

still waiting,
-wait

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home