Waiting around

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Chick-fil-A and WVU (no news, just update)

So there might be something better than free Panera and that is free Chick-Fil-A. And that is exactly what was served today at the office. You most definetely cannot go wrong with serving Chick-Fil-A to an office. Walking in and finding that was nothing short of amazing. I was so happy.

Although I wouldn't put it past me to post solely on food, there is another reason I am posting this afternoon. I called WVU on my way into the OB/GYN office around 1130-12. I actually put it together that the person I was calling shouldn't be giving the interview talk since they do not interview on Tuesdays. Therefore, I knew this would be a pretty good time to call. After psyching myself up to actually talk to a person since I now knew the number was a direct line, I dialed the number and after 2 rings she picked up. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: Hi, my name is [I decided to take this out] and I interviewed in December and I was curious if I could get a status update for my application.

Her: Oh, hi. The letters were mailed out yesterday.

Me: Oh, wow, okay thanks so much.

Her: You're welcome.

[awkward silence]

Me: well, thanks and goodbye.

Her: Bye.

So short and sweet. But here's the wierd thing. When we she said the letters were mailed out, it definetely sounded like she was smiling. (I can always tell when people are smiling when they are talking on the phone). This threw me a little bit, so I couldn't work up the nerve to actually ask her if she could say anything as to whether or not she could tell me the decision on my application. Four (4) thoughts ran through my head as to why she smiling:

1. She knows I was rejected and can only think "aw, poor guy"
2. She knows I was waitlisted and can only think "he's got a lot of waiting to do, oh wow, thats like his name, haha"
3. She knows I was accepted and can only think "this guy is gonna be soooo happy soon."
4. She is thinking to herself "here is yet another poor soul wanting to get information out of me, mwuh ha ha haaa"

I feel like number 4 is actually closest to what she was actually thinking, though in my heart of hearts I hope it was number 3.

I am afraid that I bringing too much build up to this fateful day that I actually recieve a letter from WVU. I believe that I will be crushed if it is a rejection. I also know I will be pretty upset if it is a waitlist. (Do I really need to say how I'll feel if I get accepted?). So I am getting pretty nervous about this. I really do thank you all for your thoughts for me throughout this horrible waiting game and like I said after my GW waitlist, I don't need the pity party. I will be hard enough on myself (probably not a good thing).

whelp. here it goes

still waiting.
-wait

1 Comments:

  • Oh, wow! I can't wait for you to get the good news! It has to be good news, if she was smiling when she was talking to you. Especially since you have a rather unique name, she had to have known what your decision was.

    Keep us posted!

    By Blogger MustangSally, at 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home