Waiting around

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Conan and anticipation

This morning I sent out letters to all of the medical schools that I am waiting to hear from, along with the schools I am on a pre-interview hold. The letter is pretty much the same letter to each school, I just switched the names, and scoured the websites to find one or 2 "unique" tidbits about each school to which I was writing. Hopefully one (or more) of these schools will the sincerity of my last ditch effort to score an interview.

I had these letters in the mailbox to go out, and when Ian came home from class today, he pulled them all out of the mailbox thinking it was the mail for the day. He said he looked through them all and was pretty shocked at the amount of mail from med schools I got today, thinking it was a pretty big weekend. And then he realized that my name was in the return address and the schools name was in the "To:" section of the envelope. Thankfully, he put them back in the mailbox, and the mailman took them away. (Presumably to their destination). The mailman didn't deliver any news to me today, which is kind of good considering I would feel pretty dumb mailing off the letter on the day I got rejected from the school.

Tomorrow, President Bush gives his State of the Union address. While I will be somewhat interested in what he has to say about Healthcare Reform, I am more excited for Late Night with Conan O'Brien's State of the Show address (at least that's what it should be). This would probably be the best annual event Conan puts on. I say best annual event, because the best Conan ever was the episode where he had U2 on and devoted the entire show to them. That might have been the most amazing 60 minutes of television. Conan and U2. Ah-mazing. That is where the background of my computer comes from, which I posted a few posts ago. Long story short, watch Conan tomorrow night, it will be funny.

In related Conan news, he was invited to Finland after his endorsement of Tarja Halonen (who coincidentally won the election) I expect them to come back with some hilarious sketches in Finland, especially considering the resemblance he bears to the president.

Alright, enough Conan, and enough typing.

I should be hearing from WVU this week. If I get rejected or waitlisted, I will probably be upset and not post right away. If I get accepted I will probably be too excited and too busy on the phone and doing whatever else that I won't post right away. That being said, if I don't post for a few more days, that doesn't mean anything good or bad happened with WVU, so don't read into it. The anticipation is killing me. I digress. (I added that because my sister gets really upset when I say "I digress" because I apparently do that too much)

still waiting,
-wait

2 Comments:

  • YAY VA Women's Center! Ahh the days of free lunches (you do have to fight for food!) and countless files. It's a good place. Which site are you at?

    By Blogger Jennifer, at 11:19 PM  

  • Thanks for the link, Wait! And for mentioning me in your blog. I can't wait until you hear good news! *crosses fingers*

    By Blogger MustangSally, at 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home