Waiting around

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Georgetown

From the title (and possibly the picture) you can probably guess something happened with Georgetown. I came home today to find a nice little letter from Georgetown School of Medicine saying that my application has been personal consideration, yet the committee is unable to offer me a place in their class.

In getting my numerous rejections over the past years, I have grown pretty accustomed to getting them. "oh, another rejection" and usually it doesn't bother me too much. (Save EVMS this year, and possibly VCU.... and nevermind on BU -- see the earlier entry where I decided that 4 oclock was an ok time to start drinking following receipt of that rejection... I digress).

However, I feel something more from Georgetown. All things considered, I spent a year there last year, and the least they could do is give me further consideration, ie: an interview. They interview over 1000 people a year, so can't they let a few more slide in (ie: Darci, Droker etc.)

Oh man.... I know this is a crapshoot - that much I have learned over the last few years. And I know it is always a rollercoaster ride, so even though I am low today, tomorrow can be a different day.

still waiting
-wait

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home