Waiting around

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

More Topeka's

Well it's been awhile since I posted, and that's because... ok, no real good reason.

The readership at Topeka's continues to expand, so to those of you reading this from the printouts in the office, I say hi.

For those of you not working at Topeka's and not living in Richmond, you probably haven't heard of the Department of Health violations that were announced at the opportune time of the 11 o'clock news Thanksgiving night. Way to go media, slam a place right as it enters the holiday season. After some massive cleaning Sunday night, which included powerwashing essentially the entire restaurant, the Department of Health revisited Monday morning, this time with 0 violations. Again, a great "thank you" goes to the media for not covering this aspect of the saga.

Business has been understandably slow since the report, and because of that, I have gotten more and more crap for not including more of my coworkers on this blog. Basically if you aren't included, maybe that's actually a good thing, considering you would be among people like Carter, who I think we all find a bit, how do you say it... Yeah, I can't even find a good word. Or you would be with Jennifer, which might not actually be a bad thing.

I will digress about another one of my coworkers right now though, and that would be Jorge. This character comes in, mostly on Saturdays, and just says he's working. That's cool and all, especially considering some nights when we have 7 or 8 servers, but not on Saturday where 17 servers are on the schedule for the night. Granted, 1 or 2 will generally call in sick, but what happens is that Jorge will jump all over your tables. There was one time I had a 3 table section, and his girlfriend and someone came in, and Jorge sits them at one of my tables, thus leaving me with 2, offering nothing in return. There was one time where Matt had a 3 table section, and Jorge had a party taking 2 of Matt's 3, and then Jorge continued to take parties, not giving any to Matt. All Jorge does is complain about not having enough tables, not making enough money, and then when it comes time to check out, he is the first person out the door, saying he's done all his work, when I am about 95% sure he hasn't. And on the way, he says stuff about "only" making $180 that day -- some of which should be other peoples since the bastard took tables. Working with him aggravates me so much sometimes as he is only concerned about himself, not giving 2 craps about anyone else he works with. He is the epitome of "There is no I in team, but there is a ME".

I could say some stories about everyone else there... for instance how Luke wanted to punch me in the face just so he could be put in the blog. However, today is my birthday, and I need to go get ready for what my roommates have in store. I can't believe I am 24. At least I am still on the uphill side to 50.

peace
-wait

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home