Waiting around

Friday, November 18, 2005

Topeka's Welcome and Update

I would first like to extend a warm welcome to my Topeka's coworkers who have seemed to find my little space on the internet. In light of that, I would like to clarify one thing I realized shortly after I posted it, and that concerns the girl Jennifer (who now reads this blog). She is not dating Katie from Topeka's as previously stated, and she is also straight. I was a bit too accepting of facts when I entered Topeka's, and with all that was going on, I wasn't about to question anyone's sexuality. That being said, I believe everything else to be true, so I do not need to add any additional clarifications. So welcome to my Topeka's readers.

I haven't updated in awhile - since I met with the dean from GW. I ended up emailing her on Thursday of last week, thanking her for her time spent talking with me, and she responded saying that the pleasure was hers, and that it was really great meeting me. I also began shadowing a PA (Physician's Assistant) at Crossover Clinic last week, so last week everything seemed to be going my way. I really did not understand this, because for that much stuff to go my way means the stars must be aligned in some sort of paranormal pattern, and I did not hear of any strange findings in the skies lately, meaning something must be really weird.

I was brought back to earth for a little while when I recieved a letter from Case Western University saying that I was rejected. Ian reminded me that Cleveland is not a great place, so really, this was good news, meaning that I was not going to be in Cleveland next year. That happened on Thursday night, and after I found out about that, Ian and I took a drive. We just kept driving - 2 hours in all - just chilling and talking. It was really good - we both sorted out some stuff, and although we got back at like 3 AM, it was a nice reprive from everything.

I headed to DC on Saturday morning after grabbing breakfast in Richmond, and spent the afternoon with Leon, Gill, and James in Cleveland Park then Georgetown. We eventually headed to Rhino's, and my sister and her friend showed up. After awhile Erin showed up, and we headed over to J Paul's after a few hours and saw Mike Grippaldi. It was a lot of fun hanging out in DC, although I didn't get to see as many people as I would have liked.

Crossover is going well. I am being given more and more control... In other words I essentially ran the front office Monday morning, which is weird because I am volunteer that doesn't speak Spanish, yet over 50% of our patients speak Spanish. It was real weird. The charge nurse at one point asked if I needed anything, and I just said a beer. She laughed really hard at me, and told everyone there, and when I went back in on Wednesday (I go to a different clinic on Tuesday's) the nurse told me that she told lots of people that. They all probably think I am an alcoholic.

Tonight I went down to Chesterfield County Courthouse and was a juror in a mock-trial for Mike. It was a very involved case of arson with talks of like 1.667 million dollars. Luckily it was arson, so our decision as a jury really had no bearing on the actual money. I realized that was the first time I was actually in a courthouse, and then the realization that it probably won't be my last considering the profession I am entering knowing that one day I will be sued for medical malpractice. Here the question isn't "If" so much as it will be "When" because although I know I will be a perfect doctor, someone will not think so. I digress.

I think that is about all I have to say right now. I have only had 2 dreams of being accepted to GW since that meeting last week, which I guess is a good thing, especially considering my interview isn't for another 3 weeks (3 weeks from today [Thursday] actually).

Still waiting -

-wait

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home