Waiting around

Monday, March 06, 2006

Cincinnati and Kirby

Well it looks like I won't be spending the next 4 years in Ohio. I got home today after my long and exciting day (see previous post) and found a letter from the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine informing me that I will not be offered an interview and thus I will not be offered an acceptance. It was a pretty nice letter, congratulating me on all of my accomplishments and they wish me luck as I pursue my career goals. I checked out the post mark on the letter and it was dated 3/3/06 meaning the post office took no time in delivering. On checking the date that the letter was written, I noticed that it was written on February 8th. So my letter probably sat on someone's desk for awhile. It's all good though. I just hope it is not one of these "when it rains it pours" and I start getting lots and lots of rejections.


In other news, South Dakota governor Mike Rounds signed the abortion law today and 10 time All Star, Hall of Famer Kirby Puckett passed away this afternoon. I'll never forget the 1991 World Series where the Twins were backed into a corner, and Kirby took the team on his back. I mean he was "Kirbeeeeeeeeeeeeee PUCKit." He's a legend that will be missed by all. Rest in peace Kirby. (I do remember some of the stories after his baseball career was over, but that hopefully should not overshadow his accomplishments on the field.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home