Waiting around

Friday, February 24, 2006

1000!

I had this really great idea at work today about what I was going to post on tonight. In fact, it was so great, that I have forgotten exactly what it is. So I am going to start typing out some thoughts, and maybe it will come to me.

Many of you have may have noticed that I have put a counter on my blog (it's at the right for those of you who may be somewhat oblivious) and I have had it up for about a little over 4 weeks and today I eclipsed the 1000 views mark. Admittedly some of those are probably me checking to make sure the post looks how I want it (the pictures get tricky, and don't always come out the same way as in the preview) But to have the readership is pretty sweet. The most hits I have had in 1 day is 53 and that has actually occured twice, the most recent being Monday (which is probably in response to the 2 posts that were close together) and the other day I had 53 visits was on February 12th, following my incredible game of Hearts.

Thanks for keeping the readership up... I try to make this at least somewhat entertaining. If anyone has any ideas for what I can do better, please let me know; otherwise I will keep on trucking like I have been in hopes of giving you a smile throughout your work/school/whatever else day.

The Olympics are drawing to a close this coming weekend, and I guess I am pretty sad about this. It really has been pretty great to be able to turn the TV on at any time during the day and catch something regarding the Olympics. I will be excited to actually use ESPN.com again, but part of me also wants to hold a grudge against them for what they did to me by releasing the results early. But where else would I go? cnnsi.com? Ehhhh can't say I am a fan.

OH. I just remember what I was going to post on (see, I knew if I rambled enough I'd remember). In a story that I don't think is getting enough press (especially considering the conservative nature of it and the liberal lean of the media), the South Dakota Senate passed a bill which, if signed, would ban abortions in the state except if the mother's health is in danger. Maybe the lack of press is due to the fact that it still needs to pass South Dakota's House and then the governor needs to sign it. But with the governor being a conservative, the House is essentially the last step before South Dakota bans abortions. This of course will be challenged, with Planned Parenthood leading the way. This is the story I got my information from.

So what do I think about this? Like I said, I think it should be getting more press. I also feel the law is way too conservative to not even include legal abortions in the case of rape or incest. Working at an OB/GYN office, I have seen numerous reports (operative reports, pathology reports etc etc ) on abortions, whether spontaneous (miscarraige) or termination of pregnancies. I believe this to be a very sad event and I do not feel mothers take the latter decision very lightly (they have no choice in the former). I do have my opinion on this subject, however I'd rather not post it in such a public forum. And really, that's about all I want to say about that, I just wanted to make you all aware of the beginnings of a probable major challenge to Roe v Wade, and with the 2 new justices on the court, it could pose for a somewhat exciting (take that either good or bad) times in our legal system.

I also had a pretty sweet weekend last weekend (I realize tomorrow starts another weekend). Shina came to town, and we hung out some, and Dan brought his new girlfriend Carin in to town so we all (Shina, Brad, Max, Jess, Rich, Ellyn and I) could meet her. Bdubs for dinner and drinks at Brads afterwards Saturday night, and an afternoon on Carytown (eating my first Vegan meal at Harrison St. Cafe). Annnnnnnd then I had an awesome Sunday night getting to hang out with Brian (bwebb) and Katie (his girlfriend, who I have affectionately labeled "Katie (BWebb)" in my phone and have heard an earful about that ever since she figured that one out.) I also got to see Jacob and Joann while we dined at the fine establishment that is Friendly's (don't knock it, they have some awesome ice-cream).

So those are my rambles for the time being. If you noticed, there were no ramblings about medical schools and the admissions process regarding it. And you know what that means? There is NOTHING to post about it. With each passing day of no more interview invites, that lessens my chance of being offered another interview. And it also means that this waiting game is definetely going to be in for the long run as I wait out these waitlists during this summer. It's hard to imagine that I need do more of this "waiting." I'm in a halfway decent mood right now, so I am gonna stop writing about this so I don't depress myself.

I can't end on that note, so I will end on this joke I read yesterday:
A vet is at his doctor's office for some sort of sickness. The doctor does his physical exam, and begins asking the vet questions about where he hurts, how long he has felt sick trying to establish what is wrong the patient. The vet grows impatient at the doctor's inquisition and says "Doctor, why are you taking this long? I can look at my patients, determine what is wrong with them, give them medicine and they are out the door." The doctor then stops talking, takes a look at the patient, scribbles out a prescription and gives it to the vet while saying "Here try this medicine, but if it doesn't work, we'll have to put you down"

still waiting
-wait

1 Comments:

  • I love the joke, it puts everthing into perspective.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home