Waiting around

Friday, March 10, 2006

PSU

As I have alluded to before, it is getting very late in the process of the medical school application cycle. That being said, I have been expecting rejection letters from the schools that I have yet to hear from. I have been under the impression that a pre-interview hold typically means a rejection. If you check one of my previous posts, you will find that I was put on the pre-interview hold at Penn State way back at the end of September. I essentially had lost hope in hearing good news from PSU - especially considering it has been 6 months since I have heard anything from them.

So I decided to check the email all of my medical school information goes to this afternoon anticipating nothing in the inbox. When it popped open, one of the subject lines was "PSU COM Interview Invitation." My jaw dropped because like I said, I have been expecting only rejections at this point. I whispered some explicative and my coworker looked over at me and was like "what?" I told her that I just got an interview from Penn State and that I am really surprised and yadda yadda she was really happy for me. The email was about 3 paragraphs long and at the end of the first paragraph it said that I needed to call and confirm and before I even finished the email my cell phone was out and I was dialing the number. I decided to actually finish reading the email before I called, and have scheduled my interview for March 22.

So I am pretty excited about all this right now. I realize that this interview is really really late in the season, so my hopes of an outright acceptance are pretty small. I feel like the best I can truly hope for is a waitlist spot and I would be totally fine with a waitlist spot - at this point in the game, 3 is better than 2. So now for the next week and a half, I will be studying up on PSU and figuring out about their interview process and whether or not I am going to get the big issue questions (one being abortion, which I feel like they would be more likely to ask since I work in an Ob/Gyn office)

As I have said before, it is amazing how a certain email can really make you feel better. It's really been a great week. Let's hope my weekend is fun too.

still waiting,
-wait

5 Comments:

  • hi! i wanted to wish you good luck at PSU later this month. i will most likely be a member of the c/o 2006. The interview day was relaxed, but bring questions, one of my interviews consisted only of ME asking questions?!? the facilities are fantastic and the students are the nicest i've met along my interview trail. good luck! pm me over at SDN if you have questions.(SDN username: LT2)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:51 PM  

  • YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    See you soon!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:20 PM  

  • Hey Wait!

    Lots of congrats on your interview! I know you will do great, and I think it's a good sign. This year is far from over, so keep your hopes up.

    I got an interview invite today too and had a similar reaction to the one you described, except I was at home when I checked my email. Except I'm having second thoughts about going, because I only applied to the school after I got my bad MCAT results back in late October. Now I"m wishing I'd never applied there.

    But I thought it was cool that we both got interview invites on the same day, especially after so much waiting. Be sure to let us know how it goes!

    By Blogger MustangSally, at 9:58 PM  

  • I know this was a long time ago, but what was the outcome? I have also been put on a pre-intervew hold at PSU.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:24 PM  

  • I know this was a long time ago, but what was the outcome? I have also been put on a pre-intervew hold at PSU.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home