Waiting around

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Georgetown and home

I got home and found 2 different emails in my inbox, both from the admission office at Georgetown. I was in fact rejected from Georgetown in early January, so to see email from them was somewhat surprising. What shocked me was the subject of the first email which read "Information for Accepted Applicants". And then the second email had the subject "Email message error..." so I knew something was up. These emails were sent about an hour apart, and therefore, had I been getting email at work, I would have seen the first email about being accepted and probably would have been very confused, and really wondering and hoping. I have grown immune to a lot that goes on in this process and when things don't go my way, it's not like I don't get upset, but I definitely try not to get bitter. But it is situations like these where schools need to be a little bit more concerned with applicants and the way they are treated in this process. We have all worked so hard to even make it this far, giving schools all that we can, with lots and lots of respect (well most of us). I do realize this is a mistake, and they are just as human as you and me, so maybe I shouldn't be so cynical; it's just been a long 3 years.

I definitely won't be posting over the next few days - I am headed home tomorrow for a multitude of reasons, not the least of which is Easter. Last year I was in Florida with my parents for Easter, but that is the last time I really remember being with family for Easter. So going home for that will be kind of cool. For those of the Christian and Jewish faiths, this marks one of the holiest weeks of the year. This week is Passover for the Jewish people, and for the Christian people it is the week where the prophesy of Jesus was fulfilled. I have always found these next few days in the Christian calendar in such opposition - Good Friday is the day Jesus was killed, and Easter Sunday is the most joyous day in the Christian calendar.

Now if I only knew how the Easter bunny fit in to the whole scheme.

Happy Easter!

Still waiting,
-wait

1 Comments:

  • That is pretty tasteless to get an email like that from Georgetown. I wonder how many people that one went out to? Sometimes I think the admissions office people don't realize how important this process is and also how crazy it can make you. If I were working in admissions I'd be super careful to limit the amount of mistakes that were made.

    Happy Easter!

    By Blogger MustangSally, at 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home